Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lake

Ok the boats are ready and the lake is REALLY REALLY COLD! After much distress I went to the lake this past weekend. I love the lake in the summer, but when you can not be out on the water I get bored!! But Martin promised we could get out on the party barge for awhile and we took my in laws. These were my two "must haves" in order to go!! Well Saturday we got out on the boat, it was extremely windy and not as hot as I would have liked. Well Coop decided he was going to sit on the front of the boat and put his feet in..no big deal..he has been "boating" since he was an infant and always wears a life jacket. Plus I knew it was cold and he would not enjoy this for long..well a few minutes later, Libby (Nana) says very calmly..he is in the water..WHAT! I jump up and he is in fact in the water and completely scared to death! Water temp could not even be 60, especially out in the middle of the lake where it is at least 50 feet deep...I proceed to stick my leg out to try and get him to grab hold..well the wind is blowing and he is floating farther and farther away. At this point he is truly panicked, but yes does have a life jacket on! I hear Martin behind me say, get him Brooke, so in I went..dress and all..no life jacket. Background info: I do not do the water even in August when it is like taking a bath, I prefer to just sit and float and only get in the water when I need to tinkle!! So in I go, I hit that water and literally it was so cold I could not move. I swam towards Cooper thinking how in the world am I going to save him..he is the one in the life jacket! I grabbed him and pushed him as hard as I could towards the boat where Martin got him out then I swam towards the boat..Martin yanked me out so fast, but I still was completely frozen! Needless to say we went back in at this point! And I will not be back in the water till at least June, even if I need to go to the bathroom!!



On a lighter note, we did take Coop to ride a horse at a barn not far from our house. Last year we went and he rode Ol Dollar, this year he took a spin on Silver...






He was so proud..note the Cars boots..these are his lake "working boots" as he calls them. He loves to come work at the lake with his dad and Po Po.
Stay tuned this weekend..we are gearing up for the big 4th bday party this Sat in our backyard..Please say a prayer it does not rain!! It should be a big bash..Martin has really gotten into it. We are grilling out hot dogs and hamburgers, Martin got a keg and I bought a few cases of wine!!! Martin is bringing a bobcat and excavator from his work and I have made a construction site!!! Pics to come!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

um, i feel ya on the lake. as you know we go to the same spot as you (even the same local grocery, lol) and it is too cold! girl, i would still be cold!

his party sounds amazing, so fun! i can't wait for coley's 1st birthday!

Gleatie said...

That is scary! I can't believe you had to jump in and get him! How did he fall in? Where is your lake house? Ours is on Lake Keowee in S.C. and I can't imagine getting in in April! Well, maybe I would promise to get in in April if we could move back to the states! Glad Coop was alright!